The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure data thinking is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. To enable the transformation towards a 100% Digital network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
Background to the company
At MKTG we are pioneers and practitioners of lifestyle marketing, committed to constantly evolving and understanding how to reach and positively affect peoples relationships with brands.
We provide sound brand and business solutions by cleverly crafting marketing strategies that create memorable consumer experiences that ultimately change purchasing behavior and positively impacts sales.
Overall purpose of the role
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Activations Coordinator is to establish, grow and manage the Cape Town promotions team.To lead, inspire, set direction and drive the team to provide excellent promotions and manage the delivery of exceptional campaigns that meets or exceed the clients and businesses targets as well as exceeding target income for the agency.This includes the overall coordination of promotions, launches and events within the region.
Key performance areas and responsibilities:
MKTG is committed to the well-being of its staff by ensuring a progressive workplace and, in doing so continually seeks to improve work conditions and practices.On that basis, you should be aware that there will be changes from time to time in your job description and in the Companys Employment Policies and Procedures.
- Accurately fulfilling client briefs and expectationsÂ
- Where necessary â€“ attending client status meetings and briefing sessions
- Assist in growing (recruitment), maintaining and managing our promoter data base.
- Facilitate promoter registration
- All promoter communication.
- Oversee briefing of partner agencies and the implementation needs for each promotion
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure that activations are implemented faithfully
- Project manage all promotions including:
- Creating cost estimates
- Booking promoters
- Feedback reports
- Confirm promotions, training dates and collate the following:
- Training documents
- Promoter feedback forms
- Stock coordination, inventory and allocation
- Train promoters on the confirmed date/place.
- Ensuring that any problems are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring exceptional execution of all activations in all regions
- Assist in the production of comprehensive feedback reports regarding market competitors, sales performance and non-performance.
Marketing degree (beneficial)
Drivers License and Own Vehicle
Good Communication skills
A positive Attitude
Excellent time management and organizational skills Â
Attention to detail (accuracy)
Work well under pressure and deadlines.
Lots of Initiative