Role Title: Full Stack Developer
Job Level: Permanent
Background to the Company
Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
Background to Isobar
As a digital agency, we believe in ideas without limits. We’re looking for the brightest, the best and the hungriest talent from all fields to join us as we harness the ingenuity of Africa and pioneer the future of the continent. As we grow, we’re looking to expand our energetic team of thinkers, doers and makers into the ultimate hub of digital innovation and ideas. So forget the bland corporates and join a team with scope to play, experiment, hack, make and break.
As a Full Stack Developer at Isobar, you’ll work in collaboration with our creative, strategy, project management and client service teams to develop and implement integrated, dynamic, and captivating digital user experiences of all shapes and forms. You will also be required to lead the more junior developers, hire new resources when required as well as ensure allocation of work load into the team. Additionally, you will manage all Isobar assets as well as the internal environments.
- Five+ years in front-end and back-end development.
- Experience with LESS and/or Sass
- Experience with Bower and Grunt
- API design and development experience and RESTful Services experience.
- Working knowledge of CRUD
- Experience with web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, IIS.
- Experience with a version control systems (Git)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Sketch
- Experience in configuring, managing and maintaining WordPress sites
- Ability to produce beautiful, functional code from a PSD or wireframe
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong understanding of web and security standards.
- Be comfortable with working within and mentoring a small team of developers.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good client relationship skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to travel to and from CPT when required
- Experience with PHP Python, Ruby, Java
- Experience with frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Laravel
- AWS / Azure Experience
- Strong Linux foo
- Agile methodology principles
- Self-starter with the energy and the capacity to come up with new engaging ideas
- Strong work ethic and ability to go above and beyond where required
- Positive and solution orientated
- Clear thinker, strong analytical skills
- Effective time and task management
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and delegate/manage accordingly
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
SO WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- We’re part of a real global network, giving us 45 countries and 77 offices to draw some pretty amazing support, knowledge and expertise from. It’s also pretty handy if you ever consider a job on the other side of the world!
- On that note, personal and professional growth are massively important to us, and so we like to send employees to some of those offices to collaborate, gain new insight, experience and strengthen the bonds of our network.
- We host regular hackathons with interesting people (and some industry heavy-hitters) to come up with ingenious solutions to weird, fun or even urgent problems.
- Isobar Academy is an awesome programme that gives us access to a huge database of the best online courses and tutorials in every field.
- We wouldn’t be as cheesy as saying we’re a family, but we like the fact that everyone at Isobar is pretty tight.
- It sucks to work on your birthday, so we like to give everyone an extra day of leave to celebrate.
- Our 1% programme acknowledges anyone who goes above and beyond the call of duty with extra paid leave and other rewards.
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/ decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
- We really like positive, inquisitive and proactive people.
- We embrace mistakes, and the people who own them, if they help us learn.
- Nobody likes a person who takes him or herself too seriously.
- If the idea of joining an agency that puts its people first, that lets them play fearlessly and that aspires to changing a continent, send us your application.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12 July 2017