Title: General Manager (GM) Isobar
Background to the Company
Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitization of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalization, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
We are searching for a talented General Manager to join our team. The successful incumbent will be required to ensure the delivery of world class product that defines the agency. The candidate will lead and inspire the team to create and deliver an innovative and ambitious business strategy. The candidate would be an ambassador for Isobar, connecting across internal and external networks to help deliver the operating model and build the brand reputations of Isobar and Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Constantly innovate and evolve business strategy to ensure the agency model continues to build growth and deliver value
- Translate business strategy into an organisational change strategy with clear executable plans
- New Business
- Responsible for new business targets
- Draws up a pipeline and plan to achieve new business targets in line with the overarching business strategy
- Lead certain pitches (per size/complexity)
- Empower and enable team to think about and sell creative work in new ways to deliver business value to clients
- Demonstrate a strong insight and understanding of global/ local macro-economic and customer trends, understanding impact and identifying opportunities to capitalise on this potential
(Works closely with SA CFO and Financial Manager to strategically manage financial KPI’s to build value and drive profitable)
- Ensure Budget delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Identify and seize opportunities to maximise margin, managing costs in core to deliver strategic investment and growth in diversified
- Connect the business unit and capabilities to produce leading creative solutions that deliver business value to clients
- Deliver outstanding client and consumer insight to strengthen new business and pitch process and optimise identification of business development opportunities
- Regular reporting on profitability vs time incurred
- Managing client profitability within projects and retainers
- Managing debtors and non-billed issues, in collaboration with the operational Finance team and client services team
- Undertakes monitoring of purchase orders, ensuring financial operations are running smoothly and troubleshooting issues
- Input and approval on agency costings, scope of work, rate models and agency forecasting
- Oversee weekly, monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of Isobar’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Drives efficient processes to deliver value for client, Isobar and Dentsu Aegis integration
- Training and on boarding of client teams with appropriate systems and tools (particularly Project Management, Finance)
- Ensures contractual compliance to guarantee service is delivered within scope of contract and out of scope services are negotiated separately
- Ensures Onboarding of new clients, working closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure credit insurance is secured, invoicing details are all appropriately captured, teams are in place, reporting processes are set up etc; this is as much a role involving operational logistics as anything
- Oversees team resourcing and troubleshooting including approval and sign off on freelancers
- Work with brand teams and address operational problems and shortcomings
- Approval of suppliers and associated costs
- Continuously evaluate working practices relation to service delivery throughout all phases (contracting, on boarding, project & retainer delivery) and look for new ways to improve efficiency and increase our profitability and provide insight to streamline the business.
- Management of team structures and reporting lines
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency HR, Finance and Admin through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between these functions and the business.
- Attract, develop, retain and mobilise the best talent Isobar
- Lead, inspire and motivate teams to understand and ‘live’ values and to deliver commercial goals and ambition
- Build a credible senior management team who:
- o Drive and manage continuous high performance
- o Challenge and interrogate business strategy to deliver outstanding client solutions
- o Ensure their people achieve their career goals
- o Identify and progress high potentials to provide a ‘talent pool’
- o Influence, collaborate and manage to optimise growth
- o Drive efficient day to day business operations to maximise margin
- Acts as an ambassador for the brand, connecting across internal and external networks to help deliver the operating model and build the brand reputation of Isobar.
- Lead senior team in building the brand reputation and industry position through leveraging external network; taking part in speaker and conference opportunities to do this
- Identifies and seizes opportunities to drive Profit & Loss, driving teams to improve margin and efficiency across core services, manage clients profitably and be accountable for delivery of annual income targets
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to translate business strategy into a commercial business plan using innovative and value add client-centric solutions which deliver growth and market leading reputation
- Partners with management team to manage core income, resourcing, budgets and forecasts, through accurate and timely reporting
- Drives the cross and upsell pipeline process internally when necessary
- Profitability risk assessments
- Work close with the management of the account teams
- Executive sponsor for marquee accounts
- Management of and assistance in the growth of department managers and setting up key performance indicators and targets across the teams
- Management of business communication across the agency
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an agency environment is essential and at least 3 years in a senior management position or similar role
- Strong working knowledge of the digital industry across ATL, BTL, TTL
- Recognised industry ‘heavy weight’ in the region with a track record of delivering substantial new business growth
- Understands how to deliver through and with others in a way that motivates and drives high performance
- Experience of winning, delivering and retaining clients
- Digitally savvy and experienced, with a passion for new technology
- Expert networking skills to generate new business leads
- High influencing skills and high client effectiveness
- Change agent both internally and externally.
- Able to spot a commercial opportunity and turn it into reality
- Sees themselves as both a technical expert and a leader
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/ decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to EE candidates