Background to the Company
Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values. We are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. To enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To establish & maintain a world class Bought Media Business Unit in Johannesburg promoting successfully our Biddable Product Offering (Search / Social / Programmatic). Drive Innovation and Award-winning campaigns on behalf of clients.
As the Head of Bought Media you will oversee a team that works on a wide range of leading local and international brands with large media budgets. Your responsibilities will include the below:
– Support Business Development & Client Services team to sell products & services – Nurture own leads & drive new BM business – Work with DAN partners on New Business Pitches – New Business Transition Lead until fully handed over
BM Operations JHB:
– Grow the BM operation in JHB – Drive BM commercial agenda to meet & beat annual commercial targets – Ensure that BM Operations are running smoothly – Be pro-active in terms of working with Team Leads, Client Services Managers to ensure that services are promoted, sold & implemented with clients above industry standards – Work with Team Leads & Head of BM CPT to identify capacity shortfalls, source & recruit search staff for the JHB office. – Oversee training & skill development for BM team members – Ensure compliance of all team members with all industry certifications, e.g. Google Partners
Dual responsibility with Director of BM CPT:
– Oversee the management of key tool/media owner partnerships & keep abreast of how best to incorporate within our product offering – Work with Head of BM CPT & Team Leads to develop integrated, cross channel reporting & represent BM – Be pro-active in terms of working with Client Service Managers as well as key DAN Stakeholders to ensure that services are promoted, sold & implemented well with clients – Department Financial Management
– Measure & nurture Client Health, set up regular meetings with key clients – Drive Relationship Management with the team – Escalation point for client issues
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
• Acting with freedom • Deciding with speed • Keeping it simple
• Being constantly curious • Taking risks to succeed • Passionate about thought leadership
• Going the extra mile • Not afraid to make decisions • Rapid and ruthless focus
• Taking ownership of work/ decisions • Being good citizens • Being transparent
• Collaborating across the network • Sharing success models • Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position
Preference will be given to EE Candidates.