Background to the Company
Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. To enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
The purpose of the role is to build strong upstream relationships with clients and to support senior leadership to drive and deliver on a client business plan that delivers business value for the client driving the Dentsu Aegis Network commercial agenda. Delivery of a business plan will include galvanising a broad team across DAN and where appropriate across the network to meet the objectives of both clients and the business. To lead, design and develop a comprehensive planning development strategy that helps existing clients and wins new clients in support of the 20/20 agenda by creating business value for them. Responsible for providing leadership and consultancy service in support of their implementation of strategy and product. Play a supportive role to the leadership team to develop the brand planning strategy and execution plans that create aligned approaches, tools, products and ways of working to deliver the company growth ambitions.
- Overall leadership of significant client/group of clients
- Managing the Business – delivery of the service proposition to clients and full end to end management of the business on individual clients;
- Relationship Management – ownership of the senior client relationships as per the defined relationship strategy for the client;
- Proactive Client Development – delivering against specific client cross sell and upsell opportunities into the Dentsu Aegis P&L
- Commercial and service ownership of client relationship – driving growth and profit and ensuring seamless delivery
- Team Management – management of an integrated and motivated team around the clients objectives and culture
- Resourcing –ensuring that teams are skilled up and resourced appropriately for that client and supporting with up-skilling as required and that contractual obligations are being met;
- Commercial finance – owning, managing and reporting commercial targets within the budget and other financial processes;
- New Business – leadership of relevant new business initiatives in conjunction with the New Business and Marketing team;
- Managing People – ownership of delivery of Performance Development reviews including development plans for direct reports; proactive identification and management of performance issues (with support from HR); career mapping of senior team members and Talent and succession planning.
- Operational finance – ensuring the team and processes are in place to deliver streamlined financial processes and minimising debt and maximizing working capital;
- Provide the framework for a planning strategy which delivers business value for key stakeholders
- Create and lead an aligned world class strategy and planning community across client and market teams that supports the Executive President to create integrated strategic solutions and execution plans that achieve our growth targets
- Provide thought leadership on strategy development and integrated communications planning and work to develop the necessary capabilities and talent resources
- Integrate and articulate digital thinking, platforms and solutions within the planning teams
- Integrate and articulate evaluation and analytics thinking and solutions within the planning teams
- Ensure consistent and high quality strategic input is integrated into pitch process and ongoing client relationships to win, develop and retain business
- Apply actionable learnings from key proprietary consumer insights to our client outputs
- Establish innovative shared strategy products and processes
- Champion the operating model across the business facilitating integration as core to the strategic process
- Ensure that strategy and planning processes continually maximise opportunities across all network brands
- Build capability of strategy and planning community to support client teams
- Adapt the concept of liquid talent to engage colleagues across the matrix, investing in talent development and relationship building to facilitate and drive positive change for their clients
- Work with product leads in peer brands to ensure the best of Dentsu Aegis products and capabilities are embedded within the agency’s philosophy and way of working
- Build agency reputation across the industry
- Maintaining external networks, understand industry best practice, share and show our best
- work in ways that drive up client expectation and agency delivery (awards)
- Generate innovative and profitable product and service offerings
- Growing an agency community, inspire, mentor and guide those within it, creating a motivated and energised group of professionals.
- Influential & Courageous
- Builds Credibility
- Thinks Critically
- Communicates Effectively
- Influencing Collaborative Outcomes
- Strategic rigour and viewpoint
- Strong marketing, media and communications concepts, models, skills, practices, tools, frameworks, etc.;
- Holistic view of PPC media; Strong understanding of holistic digital media concepts, propositions, Dentsu Aegis Media digital services;
- Ability to analyze numerical data and pull out reasonable and rational conclusions to underpin innovative strategic plan.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Builds insight and develops strategic position assessments determining growth rates and potential
- Identifies key market and consumer trends
- Utilises a portfolio of tools and evaluation methods to create performance dashboards and other business metrics consistently applied across the organisation
- Understands how to deliver through and with others in a way that motivates and drives high performance
- Project management
- People management
- Recognised track record of developing strategies that deliver substantial new business growth
- Digitally savvy and experienced, with a passion for new technology
- Multi-brand leadership (across high profile or complex business)
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/ decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position