The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the office operations and facilities functions of the company including developing and implementing strategies for the effective and efficient operations, including front reception, office supplies, vendors, office services and overall office appearance while maintaining a professional attitude that represents DAN and the assigned office location in the best light. To ensure effective operational excellence of DAN shared services for Building 1 & 1A, Albury Office Park, through reliable organization, coordination, planning and process supporting such administration of duties. Additional responsibilities include supporting staff in the areas of HR and IT where necessary and to support Managing Directors and CEO as directed.
• Achieve operational excellence in office administration, applying best practice and procedure on day to day tasks.
• Managing the office administration and purchasing for Carat, Crimson Room, Vizeum, iProspect, isobar, John Brown and Posterscope (e.g. cleaning supplies, building maintenance, stationery requisitions, events organising & catering, kitchen supplies)
• Create, develop, implement and communicate standard procedures and guidelines relating to shared services for building 1 & 1A Albury office park.
• Works within established budget and communicates regularly with appropriate members of Finance for necessary approval, if needed.
• Updates and maintains databases such as mailing lists and supplier contacts • Reception relief for Building 1 • Co-ordinates maintenance of office equipment
• Office Space Management – Plans all seating charts and any needed employee moves or department moves.
• Manages all office moves and liaisons between employees, managers and IT in coordinating moves.
• Assesses needs and options for office space based on company growth in liaison with MD’s Head & Facilities Manager.
• Manage all aspects of office build-outs and renovations
• Maintains relationships and serves as liaison with key facilities and administration contacts including: landlord(s), subtenant(s), architects, sublessor(s), contractors, life-safety contractors, etc.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the Office’s Business Continuity Plan.
• Office Management Purchasing – responsible for supplies and office services programs in support of the office, including: office supplies, pantry supplies and maintenance, copier/printer installation and management, etc.
• Responsible for all meeting room a/v and other office presentation equipment.
• Oversees provision of office security cards and management of parking spot allocation.
• Works with HR and IT on New Hire Orientation to ensure employees are welcomed properly, have all needed office equipment , seating and access.
• Effective management of building upkeep and maintenance for Johannesburg
• Ensure all Building maintenance is up to standard • Supports Managing Directors in support of client teams and as otherwise directed.
Internal / External Events & Meetings
• Arrange and Coordination of meetings, functions (internal and external).
• Follow through on responses to meeting requests and provide feedback to meeting organizer to ensure preparedness for meetings and events
• Responsible for planning and communication Future Proof Corporate Social Responsibility activities and reporting to global
• Supports Managing Directors in support of client teams and as otherwise directed.
Health & Safety
• Responsible for ensuring the Johannesburg office is compliant for Health & Safety as per the legislative requirements
Management & Development of Self and Others
• Displays self-awareness and insight into areas of strength and development
• Works with manager to construct suitable development plan for implementation
• Leverages off manager / mentor relationship
• Supports high performance culture by being accountable for delivery of delegated task
• Effective management and mentorship and training of DAN resource: Receptionist and Office Staff; Kitchen and Cleaning in Bldg.1 & 1A
• Review and report on progress of front office receptionist, ensure successful development and training.
• Supervision and development of Office Staff: Reception & Office Support Staff
• Strong Administrative and organisation skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Cost management and analysis skills.
• Experience in office administration/facilities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
• Ability to supply top-notch customer service.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Highly organised and detail oriented.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work in an ever-changing fast paced creative environment.
Dentsu Aegis Network Values
The DAN values are a critical part of all roles across the business, details of these can be found in our Guide to our Values booklet. As part of your performance discussion, you and your manager should agree which will most enable you to do your job well
• Planning & Organising
• Knows the business
• Expertise that adds value
• Focused on quality
• We really like positive, inquisitive and proactive people.
• We embrace mistakes, and the people who own them, if they help us learn.
• Nobody likes a person who takes him or herself too seriously.
• If the idea of joining an agency that puts its people first, that lets them play fearlessly and that aspires to changing a continent, send us your application.