Role Title: Senior Digital Strategist
Start Date: ASAP
Background to the Company
Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
Background to Carat
The Carat network is made up of more than 6,500 people in 100 countries worldwide. Its global vision is to redefine media and the way it delivers value to the businesses of our clients. Carat is the global market leader in digital and diversified media solutions. Today, advances in digital technology and changing consumer behaviour have created an era of unprecedented complexity and opportunity for clients. In this new era, Carat is redefining the role of the media agency. Our people understand how media can create business value for clients better than anyone else.
Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Through its six global network brands – Carat, iProspect, Isobar, Posterscope, Vizeum and the Dentsu agency brand – and supported by its growing multi-market brands including Amnet, Amplifi, Data2Decisions, Dentsu media, mcgarrybowen, Mitchell Communications (PR), psLive and 360i – Dentsu Aegis Network aims to be the global network of choice for clients seeking best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 110 countries worldwide with over 22,000 dedicated specialists.
The Digital Strategist will be responsible for providing leadership of the digital capability across the account, and this includes thought leadership, innovation and digital operations.
The individual will also define the path to purchase through integrated consumer journey and ecosystem planning, in order to create best-in-class digital campaigns and strategies. Additionally they will work overseeing the digital output of the individual markets to ensure we deliver a consistently high level of digital expertise.
- Responsible and accountable for the client’s digital thinking and lead the strategy and channel planning on key digital focussed brands.
- Forge strong relationships with central clients, understanding the key issues facing the client business.
- Being vocal and collaborative with clients, driving thought pieces on the changing digital landscape and the role of digital within an integrated communication mix.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to frame insights/audience behaviour so to shape media planning and share thinking with local markets.
- Leading the development of media recommendations, plan rationale, presentations, post campaign analysis.
- Maintain a collaborative and strong relationship with all creative agency partners.
- Develop proactive digital income opportunities; delivering to agreed financial/business goals.
- Partnership planning with global media partners.
- Work with the local markets to raise the level of expertise.
- Ensure work delivered to client is of highest standard; review all key documents and presentations prior to distribution (particularly those documents produced by junior team members).
- Actively manage any direct reports, providing guidance, mentoring and leadership.
- Support with new business pitches if required.
- Provide specialist technical advice on subject areas (online video, social, mobile, RTB etc) but also involve and coordinate work across specialist technical teams when required.
- Responsible for expanding the knowledge base across the team in other integrated areas particularly across device (mobile etc) and channels (social, video etc).
- Educated to degree level in a media or digital-related field.
- Data analytics and insight generation required, with ability to frame complex arguments.
- Strong knowledge of performance digital media and trading desks.
- Ability to translate digital strategy into implementation plans.
- Must be sensitive to cultural issues in different countries.
- International media experience preferred.
- Strong management skills
- Experience using ad servers such as DoubleClick
- Extensive digital media experience
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to EE candidates