Data – the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business – The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry, with data being the new currency for our business.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better ROI for the advertiser. We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data.
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We are developing a truly data driven culture.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Background to DAN
The DAN network is made up of more than 6,500 people in 100 countries worldwide. Its global vision is to redefine media and the way it delivers value to the businesses of our clients. DAN is the global market leader in digital and diversified media solutions. Today, advances in digital technology and changing consumer behaviour have created an era of unprecedented complexity and opportunity for clients. In this new era, DAN is redefining the role of the media agency. Our people understand how media can create business value for clients better than anyone else.
DAN is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Through its six global network brands – DAN, iProspect, Isobar, Posterscope, Vizeum and the Dentsu agency brand – and supported by its growing multi-market brands including Amnet, Amplifi, Data2Decisions, Dentsu media, mcgarrybowen, Mitchell Communications (PR), psLive and 360i – Dentsu Aegis Network aims to be the global network of choice for clients seeking best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 110 countries worldwide with over 22,000 dedicated specialists.
Management of client portfolio, delivering on agency contracts KPI’s and maintenance of staff in the unit. Maximising agency revenue and business development. Member of the senior management team – contribute to the effective management of DAN SA.
The core purpose of the Account Manager is to:
- Support the Account Director within the client service team.
- Account Management, Media Planning and Implementation.
- Develop strong relationships with key clients.
- Develop strong relationships with other team members within Carat, the broader DAN group and other client agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand fee structures and commercial terms for media used in client contract.
KPI’s outlined as follows:
- Support AD / Strategist to challenge and probe client brief and ensure complete clarity and agreement on client objectives
- Work with AD / Strategist to deliver Convergent strategy
- Present confidently and with impact
- Be accountable for excellent plan execution:
- Analyse relevant data e.g. Post campaign reports and recommend and action required
- Be accountable for delivering accurate and timely plans – relentlessly aiming for excellence
- Participate / ensure feedback in regular status updates to keep abreast of developments on your accounts
- Know how to maximise use of Carat, DAN and industry tools
- Be eyes and ears for client relationship escalate issues as they arise / as required
- Connect credibly with client and industry stakeholders to build strong relationships and deliver excellent client service
- Attend and engage in meetings.
- Know and understand the client, their business/brand, their customer, their industry, target customers and who their competitors are – use to deliver innovative, ambitious client plans and service
Essential Personal Attributes
- Strong communicator across levels (internal and external).
- Good people management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Organised with strong attention to detail.
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
- Acting with freedom
- Deciding with speed
- Keeping it simple
- Being constantly curious
- Taking risks to succeed
- Passionate about thought leadership
- Going the extra mile
- Not afraid to make decisions
- Rapid and ruthless focus
- Taking ownership of work/ decisions
- Being good citizens
- Being transparent
- Collaborating across the network
- Sharing success models
- Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position:
Preference will be given to EE candidates