There is a direct link between our happiness, energy levels and the quality of our work says Yevenia Naidoo, HR Director at Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) SA.
Despite living in a digital world where we are constantly interconnected, there is an inherent need to connect more meaningfully at work and at home. Work is no longer a 9-to-5 activity with a definite start and endpoint and we don’t just do it for a paycheck at the end of the month anymore.
We now work longer hours and we spend more time with our colleagues than we do with our families and friends. It only makes sense that our jobs need to enrich and fulfil us on an entirely new level.
There is a direct link between our happiness, energy levels and the quality of our work. Making a positive impact, having a passion for what you do and connecting with your colleagues and clients really makes an impact on your job satisfaction. The influence of these factors can be seen in the work we produce, the teams we work in and ultimately, in our client relations.
Purpose + values = passion = great work + happy clients
At DAN, our Employee Value Proposition is simply to “be part of something more”. With this in mind, our people have the platform to accelerate their careers, as well as opportunities for innovation and making an impact on the organisation and society.
We go beyond individual brilliance and harness our collective impact to innovate faster, boost performance and embrace the potential of a disruptive world. Together, we can do more, achieve more and be a part of ‘something more’.
We believe that one of us can never be as good as all of us and for this reason, there are many opportunities to collaborate, engage and stay connected through initiatives like check-ins, IMBIZO, newsletters, facetime with Dawn, coffee sessions, stay interviews, social events, employee well-being programmes etc.
We have very high standards and only employ the best of the best. I challenge you to be passionate about delivery excellence in everything you do. Be outstanding and own the outcome!
10 Quick tips to find joy at work
1. Find out what you love about your job and be the best at it
2. Take ownership of your own personal growth and development
3. Get to know your colleagues, clients and agency partners and constantly seek feedback so that you are always improving
4. Embrace opportunities to challenge yourself
5. Don’t be too busy to help
6. Don’t be afraid to fail
7. Lead by example and model our values
8. Be a problem-solver rather than an armchair critic – give constructive feedback and get involved in the solution
9. Treat others the way you want to be treated
10. Be present and give 100% to what you are doing